ESP-IDF 1.0 Release plan

Moderator: ESP_flying_raijin

ESP_igrr

Re: ESP-IDF 1.0 Release plan

Postby ESP_igrr » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:08 am

Ritesh wrote:Do you have idea about when you guys are planning to release ESP-idf RTOS SDK with I2C Driver and RF Analysis features as we need it ASAP in my project?
For I2C, I can't give you a date. As I mentioned a few posts above, we are doing some planning this week, and I will post updated release plan as soon it is available.

Can you elaborate what are the "RF Analysis features"? We don't have anything like this on our software roadmap.

MalteJ

Postby MalteJ » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:01 pm

ESP_igrr wrote:
Ritesh wrote:Can you elaborate what are the "RF Analysis features"? We don't have anything like this on our software roadmap.
I think he's talking about labtools that help during CE and WiFi certification.

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:12 pm

ESP_igrr wrote:
Ritesh wrote:Do you have idea about when you guys are planning to release ESP-idf RTOS SDK with I2C Driver and RF Analysis features as we need it ASAP in my project?
For I2C, I can't give you a date. As I mentioned a few posts above, we are doing some planning this week, and I will post updated release plan as soon it is available.

Can you elaborate what are the "RF Analysis features"? We don't have anything like this on our software roadmap.
Hi,

I am asking for "RF init and calibration data handling" which is already in your Road-map as per your first Release Plan 1.0
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:15 pm

MalteJ wrote:
ESP_igrr wrote:
Ritesh wrote:Can you elaborate what are the "RF Analysis features"? We don't have anything like this on our software roadmap.
I think he's talking about labtools that help during CE and WiFi certification.
Hi,

Yes. You are correct as we have already started to develop our product based on ESP32 chip and we need to plan for our product CE certification as well.

So, we need some informations in form of API and document for "RF init and calibration data handling" for our product CE certification as well.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

lpchler

Postby lpchler » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:40 pm

Hello,
I'm glad ethernet made it in to the new release. :)

Are there any hardware reference designs for ethernet available yet? I've searched thru the docs, but I couldn't even find a part number...

ESP_igrr

Postby ESP_igrr » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:21 pm

Ritesh: "RF init and calibration data handling" has been merged into master a couple of weeks ago. This feature includes automatic calibration of ESP32 radio, and storage of calibration parameters in the NVS partition. This doesn't include any analysis features. It is also entirely unrelated to FCC/CE certification flow.

There are certification tools and document available for download from Espressif website:
http://download.espressif.com/FCC_CE_Te ... 161202.zip

lpchler: design of an Ethernet development board is underway. The PHY chip used on our current board is TLK110. Chances are, the same one will be used for the new reference design. Once the reference design is completed, we will post it on Espressif website and also make an announcement on the forum.

lpchler

Postby lpchler » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:02 pm

ESP_igrr:
Thanks for the fast response.

Sounds great, how much time you will need approximately to finish it? :)

ESP_igrr

Postby ESP_igrr » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:49 pm

The current plan is to complete the design in three weeks.

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:22 am

Hi,

As I have checked into latest following ESP32-idf Repository and found that there are commits of till last Friday.

https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf

So, ESP32-idf Release 1.0 features will be included into same GIT Repository or Espressif Systems are planning to create seperate repository for that.

Please let me know if anyone has any idea for that.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:24 am

The repository has a main branch where all our current work will be done. This branch will always contain our latest work, regardles of which esp-idf version is current. The repo also has a bunch of tags indicating the released versions. You can use them by cloning the repository and then doing something like 'git checkout v1.0' to switch to the official release. Also check out https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/releases/tag/v1.0 , I just edited in how to obtain 1.0 in the end of that document.