Need Silicon change information of ESP32 versions

Ritesh

Need Silicon change information of ESP32 versions

Postby Ritesh » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:14 pm

Hi,

We are planning to use ESP32 based module for one of our product in whcih we were earlier using ESP8266 based module.

We are planning to use either ESP-WROOM-32 or ESP32-WROVER-I module.

So, I checked changes between ESP-WROOM-32, ESP32-WROVER and ESP32-WROVER-I modules and found only difference in module layout and PSRAM and antenna changes.

I had also checked ECR and found that there are 2 revisions have been released for ESP32 now.

So, Would you please let me know if any changes in Silicon perspective between above modules?

We need to have full details regarding so that we can decide which module we need to choose for our project purpose.

Let me know if need any information from my side.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

ESP_Angus

Re: Need Silicon change information of ESP32 versions

Postby ESP_Angus » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:34 pm

Hi Ritesh,

There are no changes in the ESP32 silicon between the modules you mention. All will have ESP32 revision 1 silicon. The differences are the ones you mention (with/without PSRAM, antenna layout, module form factor and pinout).

Angus

Ritesh

Re: Need Silicon change information of ESP32 versions

Postby Ritesh » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:10 pm

ESP_Angus wrote:Hi Ritesh,

There are no changes in the ESP32 silicon between the modules you mention. All will have ESP32 revision 1 silicon. The differences are the ones you mention (with/without PSRAM, antenna layout, module form factor and pinout).

Angus
Ok.
Thanks for clarification.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati