ESP-WROVER-KIT USB input in hi-z and suspend mode

jano2358

ESP-WROVER-KIT USB input in hi-z and suspend mode

Postby jano2358 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:24 pm

Hi!

I´m making a power supply to power (among other things) the ESP-WROVER-KIT, this will run from a Li-Po battery then I will need to manage the charging of it.
The BQ25895 (from TI) seems to be an interesting solution for the charging and management of the battery, this chip can detect automatically the charger type plugged to it by measuring the D+/D- in the USB, but it needs (for 3 seconds) no interference from the next device connected to the bus, in this case this will be the FTDI2232. Reading the schematics and datasheet of the FTDI seems like the device is on Async serial mode, and in this mode there is not CS pin, but there is the pin 59 PWRSAV.
What is not clear to me is if I put the FDTI chip in suspend mode with PWRSAV, the USB input will be in HI-Z until I raise this pin again?
Also seems like the possibility of the use of the PWRSAV pin is a configurable option, is that option used (available) in the ESP-WROVER-KIT?

jano2358

Re: ESP-WROVER-KIT USB input in hi-z and suspend mode

Postby jano2358 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:28 am

Found the answer for the second: I soldered a cable in the pin 59 of the FTDI chip and connected it to ground while I wa monitoring the USB connections on computer, it does nothing. So the suspend option is not used in the FTDI configuration, next is try to enable it.