Is there a schematic for the Heltec Automation ESP32 with OLED and Li-Ion charger?

pinaar

Is there a schematic for the Heltec Automation ESP32 with OLED and Li-Ion charger?

Postby pinaar » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:07 am

I want to charge it with a solar panel and wonder if I can just connect it to the USB 5V with a diode to prevent battery discharge and if the Li-Ion battery will charge properly and the circuits won't get damaged with the 5W solar panel which can put out 7V on open circuit. The LoLin ESP8266 schematics were not accurate for my circuit and I noticed a heavy drain on the battery when I used them with a 3.3V regulator. I.e., the USB 5V circuit seemed to create a heavy load to the 3.3V applied to the module unless I biased it, which defeated the purpose of running off of batteries. The ESP32 schematics I've found do not seem to cover my HTIT-WB32 Heltec Automation module with the OLED display and Li-Ion plug on the bottom of the PCB.

kma_jg

Re: Is there a schematic for the Heltec Automation ESP32 with OLED and Li-Ion charger?

Postby kma_jg » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:17 am

Hi, I would also like to know how to I connect a solar panel to the Heltec WIFI board. What is the maximum output from the solar panel?
Thank you