ESP-WROOM-32 dev kit module

malebuffy

ESP-WROOM-32 dev kit module

Postby malebuffy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:32 pm

Hello,

I have this ESP32 module I bought for my project. Everything is working fine, the only problem I have is that when I power it on, I have to press the RST button for the sketch to start. I have made a custom PCB where I have an RST and a FLASH button, pulling the corresponding pins high and low as needed, as well as exposed the TxRx pins so that I can update the firmware of my device.

Problem is that the nature of the device is such, that it is not always connected to power. So if someone ones to use it, he has to power it up and press the RST button (pull EN pin). Problem is that the button is on the PCB behind a backpanel, so no easy access. EN is floating when not pressed btw.

Anyone knows a way around this?

ESP_Stone

Re: ESP-WROOM-32 dev kit module

Postby ESP_Stone » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:38 am

Do not keep EN float. We suggest to add RC(10K,0.1uF) circuit on EN pin as we do on our development board. You can refer to ESP32-DevKitC design(https://www.espressif.com/zh-hans/suppo ... %5B%5D=127). Thanks.

malebuffy

Postby malebuffy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:58 am

Thank you for your answer. I pulled the EN pin High with a 10K resistor and used a 0,1mF Capacitor (negative to EN , positive towards the 10K resitor) but still have to press the push button to pull the EN pin to Ground so the sketch starts. Any other thoughts?

ESP_Stone

Postby ESP_Stone » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:09 pm

Please check if there any caps on GPIO0, if does, remove these caps and redo the test. I think the system goes into the wrong mode(probably download mode).