ESP32 (D0WD) instability

PanicanWhyasker

Re: ESP32 (D0WD) instability

Postby PanicanWhyasker » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:34 pm

@jcsbanks, thanks for the pointer, I will try that very soon.

@mikemoy, fair point, I will try that when possible. I'm thinking about just wrapping the whole device in 2-3 layers of aluminium foil, that's probably good enough for the test, what do you think?

mikemoy

Postby mikemoy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:16 pm

This is what I would try. Get yourself some Copper Foil Tape. Like this.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018RDZ3HG?aa ... at%20Price

Put your gizmo in a plastic box. Wrap the plastic box with this tape, overlapping the edges if you need to use multiple lengths.
You can then solder a wire to the copper tape and ground it to the vehicles ground.

Edit: I just thought of this. Can you whip up what your trying to do using ESP32 module instead of the board you made. This might shed some light on if your PCB is susceptible to the EMI or not. I mean if the ESp32 module also resets then you can probably lean toward its a big EMI blast that you need to deal with and not so much your PCB.

cmp5325

Postby cmp5325 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:57 pm

1. I'm not sure if this will help but in my case I was also seeing the exact same corrupted message message “Gr eiainErr oe1 ai'd(nerp d ieu nCU)” which should presumably read “Guru Meditation Error: Core 1 panic'ed (Interrupt wdt timeout on CPU?)”.
  3. I was  doing some sleep experiments with the TTGO T-Call ESP32 Board. I fixed this issue by merely re-positioning the cellular aerial away from the circuit board (i.e. as far away from the ESP32 chip side of the T-Call TTGO Board as possible). I wasted an entire day rewriting code before discovering that this was the culprit - unbelievable !!!!