Help needed: TTGO TM 2.4" TFT not flashing new firmware

serkam

Help needed: TTGO TM 2.4" TFT not flashing new firmware

Postby serkam » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:41 pm

Hi
I just received a LilyGo TTGO TM 2.4" TFT board with webradio firmware already flashed.
I am trying to flash a new firmware with new WiFi parameters, but, I can't do it using IDF or flasher tool from Espressif.
The board just timed out waiting for packet header. I did try several baud rates, from 115200 to 961000 bps.
My IDF is under Linux and the flasher tool is under Windows 7. Both presents the same behaviour: "timed out waiting for packet header".
Perhaps this board is defective or it needs some special kind of procedure to flash new firmware?
I can connect a console with this board using make monitor or Putty at 115200 bps. All messages are printed normally.
Any help will welcome.
Sergio

ESP_Angus

Re: Help needed: TTGO TM 2.4" TFT not flashing new firmware

Postby ESP_Angus » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:33 pm

Hi Sergio,

Some third party dev boards do not reliably implement the automatic resetting circuit.

Looks like this board has buttons marked PRG and RST. Try holding the PRG button down while uploading (you can release once the upload starts).

If this isn't enough, try holding down PRG, start the upload, then while it is trying to connect press and release the RST button while continuing to hold the PRG button down. Can release PRG once the upload starts.

If neither of these approaches work, the board is probably defective.