TTGO T9 (taudio) - sdcard problems

ksmith

TTGO T9 (taudio) - sdcard problems

Postby ksmith » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:50 pm

All,

I have been trying to use the sd card interface with this board (v1.5) with both the SDMMC and SDSPI interface with no joy.
My code works on a Lyra-T (with the correct switches set in both cases).
I have a schematic for the 1.3 version, but cannot find a 1.5 and ttgobbs.co, doesn't seem to exist anymore.
These boards are for sale in many, many places.

The Taudio works well with Bluetooth, wifi and with the BT Speaker demo.

Has anyone any idea how to get the sd-card interface working (I have tries pullups, both GPIO and external resistors.

Many Thanks

ksmith

Re: TTGO T9 (taudio) - sdcard problems

Postby ksmith » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:26 pm

Trying again, checking schematics etc., noticed the module is an ESP32-WROVER-B (I didn't expect that)
I guess this may be causing the problems I'm having.
I understand from the documentation that the IO12 should be pulled low? to get the SDCARD interface to be 3V3, rather than 1v8?

Any suggestions on how to do this?

I've tried connecting the RST/EN pin to IO12, but this seems to prevent successful booting - on the T9 24 pin connector tying ping 15 to pin 17 through a 4K7 resistor.

Also tried tying IO12 directly low, and setting the ping low using "gpio_set_pull_mode(12, GPIO_PULLDOWN_ONLY);"

Anyone have any ideas?, getting a bit frustrated with this, three evenings and counting.....

ksmith

Re: TTGO T9 (taudio) - sdcard problems

Postby ksmith » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:44 pm

All,

After another session tearing my hair out, and re-reading the docs and code gazing for far too long, I finally decided to get my hands on another board. --

This one worked first time with the same SD card that didn't work in the first board , so beware with this board if you have problems, it may be an idea to have a spare.
I'm unsure what this means about the reliability of this board, I was going to use a quantity of them for a project, but......