Can't send data with a UDP socket as a broadcast

dimfred

Can't send data with a UDP socket as a broadcast

Postby dimfred » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:51 pm

Hello,

I have posted the question on stackoverflow. Hope that maybe someone here can help.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/558 ... e-on-esp32

Main thing is I know in my example, that my server works. When I send data over the terminal as a broadcast the server receives. My socket also works, because on sendto it returns the correct number of bytes. I have no idea what the problem is. Is there anything in the config I have to enable to allow a broadcast leave the esp32???

Open for any suggestion

Greets Dimfred

ESP_Alvin

Re: Can't send data with a UDP socket as a broadcast

Postby ESP_Alvin » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:23 am

Hi, Dimfred

Thanks for sharing the issue, and also saw you seemed to know how this issue happened on the website of https://stackoverflow.com/questions/558 ... e-on-esp32. Thanks.

Alvin

dimfred

Postby dimfred » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:18 pm

Hello Alvin,

thank you for your response.

Now I have another question, since I still have problems of acquiring the antenna for wifi, while the a2dp sink is active. Could you maybe explain some steps on how I could achieve my a2dp sink + sending wifi? I am currently sending ~2 packages/min, but have ~3000/min coming from the a2dp. So not the best rate :D

I thought of looking for a a2dp sink task semaphore, but I couldn't find any. Would be great if you could help.

Greetings Dimfred

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:46 am

Suggest you open a different topic for that, as it has nothing to do with UDP broadcasts.