espressif/idf:release-v5.1 docker fails for CI pipeline because dependencies.lock has wrong hashsum

RichPiano

espressif/idf:release-v5.1 docker fails for CI pipeline because dependencies.lock has wrong hashsum

Postby RichPiano » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:45 pm

I have this peculiar problem with my gitlab build pipeline using the espressif/idf:release-v5.1 docker image. When building my project I always get the following errors:

Code: Select all

CMake Error at /opt/esp/idf/tools/cmake/build.cmake:540 (message):
  ERROR: The hash sum of the component
  "espressif/esp_websocket_client(0.0.4)" does not match the one recorded in
  your dependencies.lock file.  This could be due to a potential spoofing of
  the download server, or your lock file may have become corrupted.  Please
  review the lock file and verify the download server's authenticity to
  ensure the component's security and integrity.
Now this would be an easy fix if I accidentally left the dependencies.lock file in my repo, tracked by git and physically available, but neither is true, I let a new file being created every time via idf.py. I also don't track my whole managed_components directory, so that dependencies from idf_component.yml are always downloaded fresh. On my computer the project builds fine, I even tested cloning my repo to a completely differnt spot and it still builds. So I guess the problem lies with the dependency manager. It seems somehow the dependencies.lock file is created and later fails the hashsum verification. I don't know how that makes sense though.

I'm using the 0.0.4 version of the esp_websocket_client. But I doubt that it has something to do with that? Why is the process failing on gitlab but it works everywhere else?