HTTP server simple example

kolban

Re: HTTP server simple example

Postby kolban » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:58 pm

Are there any settings in the MicroTik router than might have "blacklisted" your ESP32? Perhaps during testing you connected and disconnected too quickly triggering some kind of security routine that has said that your ESP32 is suspicious? If it were me, I'd probably get an un-used ESP32 and see if it manifests the same symptoms. Either that or check the settings in the router and see if there is any indication there.
Free book on ESP32 available here: https://leanpub.com/kolban-ESP32

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:16 pm

accacca wrote:Sorry for trivial question Ritesh
Where I can check the version number ?
I just started with ESP32 I think the isntalled ESP_IDF is 3.0.1 but how I can check the version ?

However I have the problem only with MicrotTik router and DHCP active.
Wiht other AP (ubiquiti) fixed IP or DHCP, or with MikroTik router but with a fixed IP in STA I don't see problems.
Hi,

You can find ESP32 IDF version number into boot up logs as well. So, Check boot up logs and give me IDF version number as well.

Did you check that MikroTik router with you mobile phone and able to connect and get IP for that?
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

accacca

Postby accacca » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:18 pm

Sorry for reply delay
Changed the ESP32 the result is the same but with strange behavior:

compiled the same sample (http_server/simple) on new device with static IP. It dosen't work! Router display the MAC without IP address. But after ping the ESP32 it IP address appears on the router devices list.
I think is a mikrotik trouble.

the IDF version

Code: Select all

I (28) boot: ESP-IDF v3.2-dev-444-gb85e8e10 2nd stage bootloader [/ code]

phone, tablet, PC, other devices connect without problem to my router Mikrotik Hap ac lite updated to lastest firmware version

I add two images from my router pages in the first the router assign an IP to  ESP32 (192.168.1.13) but in the DHCP lease table the IP field is empty
[attachment=0]espressif_1.png[/attachment]
In the second image the router can't assign an IP to ESP32
[attachment=1]espressif_2.png[/attachment]
Attachments
espressif_1.png
espressif_1.png (43.13 KiB) Viewed 5101 times
espressif_2.png
espressif_2.png (30.35 KiB) Viewed 5101 times

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:47 pm

accacca wrote:Sorry for reply delay
Changed the ESP32 the result is the same but with strange behavior:

compiled the same sample (http_server/simple) on new device with static IP. It dosen't work! Router display the MAC without IP address. But after ping the ESP32 it IP address appears on the router devices list.
I think is a mikrotik trouble.

the IDF version

Code: Select all

I (28) boot: ESP-IDF v3.2-dev-444-gb85e8e10 2nd stage bootloader [/ code]

phone, tablet, PC, other devices connect without problem to my router Mikrotik Hap ac lite updated to lastest firmware version

I add two images from my router pages in the first the router assign an IP to  ESP32 (192.168.1.13) but in the DHCP lease table the IP field is empty
[attachment=0]espressif_1.png[/attachment]
In the second image the router can't assign an IP to ESP32
[attachment=1]espressif_2.png[/attachment][/quote]

Thanks for providing Response.

As per information provided by you, it might be issue with Router as well as you have checked with different AP device which is working fine with Static and DHCP IP assignment.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati