Can't handle WiFi disconnection

glauber

Can't handle WiFi disconnection

Postby glauber » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:43 pm

I am using a cloud-based application that communicates (2-way using MQTT) to some esp32-backed devices. When connecting the devices to a pool of APs - which are managed by a common NIC - I am facing the following weird problem:

Everything runs smoothly for a while, whith all the devices being assigned an IP and properly communicating to the cloud, however, 10s of minutes to ~1 hour later the devices appear as disconnected from the cloud application blob, but still are listed as connected to the wifi AP (other non-esp32 devices are connected to the same network and their Internet connectivity keep alive all along).

When a disconnection from the NIC controller occurs, I'm not always able to handle the situation because there are no associated events returned.

That made me wonder: If a device is in STA mode, is any method out there that returns event codes coming all the way from the network controller interface rather than from the AP? Also note that the AP in use is not the network border device (and can't be for application reasons). Does someone have a workaround to share or can shed some light on it?