Project structure compile errors

rfleming

Project structure compile errors

Postby rfleming » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:59 am

Hi Team,

I have been struggling with trying to restructure my esp32 application to give the following directory structure:

Code: Select all

components/
  - drivers/
    + component1/
      - component1_type1.cpp    
      - component1_type1.h
    + common/
      - utilities.cpp
      - utilities.h
  - hal/
    +i2c.cpp
    +i2c.h
main/
  - app.cpp
  - app.h
Funnily enough I have the exact same directory structure just without the component1 and component 2 subfolders. Everything has been working fine but I have been trying to extend my folders for better reuse in the future. Each folder and sub folder in the root components/ directory has their own "component.mk" file that has the following default contents:

Code: Select all

#
# Custom components makefile.
#
COMPONENT_ADD_INCLUDEDIRS := .
I have done numerous "make clean" and "make all" builds but i still get general errors. If i simply move my files from the component1 and component2 directories to their root driver directory, everything compiles fine.

I also updated my esp to the latest v3.1-rc2 and had no effect.

I had a read around on the forums and a few other places, mostly it appeard people either forgot the component.mk file with its contents or they simply forgot to do a project clean/rebuild.

Hope someone can point out one of my silly mistakes.

Ryan.

chegewara

Re: Project structure compile errors

Postby chegewara » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:00 pm

I dont know about how component.mk should looks like, but i would start with studuing this component subfolder and its .mk file:
https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/tr ... ponents/bt