Requirements for esp_wifi_internal_tx() - new Stack

jhinkle

Requirements for esp_wifi_internal_tx() - new Stack

Postby jhinkle » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:11 pm

I removed lwip as the stack over in ESP8266 RTOS V3 IDF and ported in a different stack.

The function that bridged the stack and the internal wifi transmit required an additional 36 bytes preceding the data (used for wifi headers) and need to be allocated from the DRAM heap (IRAM would cause a crash).

I have removed lwif from the ESP32 IDF and am porting in the new stack -- I have questions.

This one posted in another post but have no answer yet - so I'll ask again since all my questions relate to requirements of esp_wifi_internal_tx();

Q1: It appears ESP32 does NOT require the additional preceeding 36 bytes for wifi header as was required for ESP8266) -- is this correct? LWIFI has PBUF_LINK_ENCAPSULATION_HLEN default to ZERO (0).

Q2: If no wifi header space is required for the data being passed in -- are you coping it into your own internal buffer?

Q3: Is there an alignment and CAP requirement associated with the data buffer being passed in? If you are coping the data from my buffer into an internal transmit buffer -- then there might not be a requirement associated with my data.

Q4: Are these types of technical questions better suited to be posted directly on the ESP32 git site as issues or will they be addressed here?

Thanks.