GATT Server and autoconnect

Marc-Aurele

GATT Server and autoconnect

Postby Marc-Aurele » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:54 pm

Hello and happy new year,

I'm very new with ESP32 and espressif products. I'm starting an industrial product development and i started to test the GATT Server example. All is working fine, but i would like to know if it is possible to make an autoconnect device (in the same way as my bluetooth earphone that connects to my phone immediatly after having turn it on).

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Aurélien

chegewara

Re: GATT Server and autoconnect

Postby chegewara » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:41 pm

Hi,
esp32 BLE is following bluetooth specification so it should be easy to do this.
For example, you earphone is connecting with phone because both devices are paired first and earphone is using standard recognized by smartphone. This means that your smartphone knows it should autoconnect earphone when find it.

You can do it the same with esp32. You will need to use standard services and advertising or, if you are using custom services, you will need custom app on smartphone that will scan for you device even if its in background and then connect to it.

Marc-Aurele

Postby Marc-Aurele » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply ;) I mainly wanted to know if it was possible. I will search for a solution on my own.

Thank you again,

Best regards,

Aurélien

PickyESP

Postby PickyESP » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:53 pm

Looking to do the same Aurélien, if you find something before I do, please forward, merci