ESP-NOW between ESP32 and Android Device

reugalab

ESP-NOW between ESP32 and Android Device

Postby reugalab » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:07 pm

Hello,

I would like to know if there is documentation on how to connect an ESP32 (FreeRTOS) with and Android device. I guess it should be similar to what ESPNow does to share the Wifi settings from the Android device to the ESP32.

Thanks! Federico

batmasterson

Re: ESP-NOW between ESP32 and Android Device

Postby batmasterson » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:22 pm

I'm looking into something similar - it's likely that if ESP-NOW to Android is possible, it will cover my needs.

That said, from what I've tried/read on ESPNOW so far, it looks like you're going to run into issues trying to use ESP-NOW for anything other than espressif devices. Right now, I'm trying to see if using STAtion mode set for ESP-NOW communication and AccessPoint mode set for Android commuincation would work.

Reference:
https://hackaday.io/project/161896-linux-espnow

batmasterson

Postby batmasterson » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:01 pm

I got ESP-NOW in STA mode and Android talking to ESP32 AP. I haven't tried anything significant, yet, but I can say that ESP-NOW will transmit and receive even with the device set in APSTA dual mode and launching an open (unsecured) AP.

wkoks_or_UCCMM

Postby wkoks_or_UCCMM » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:13 pm

batmasterson wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:01 pm
I got ESP-NOW in STA mode and Android talking to ESP32 AP. I haven't tried anything significant, yet, but I can say that ESP-NOW will transmit and receive even with the device set in APSTA dual mode and launching an open (unsecured) AP.
Hi sir, would you be as kind as to share the code you come up with? Thank you in advance. :D