ESP32 Not see networks in turkey

grayefx

ESP32 Not see networks in turkey

Postby grayefx » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi friends!
I have a big trouble with esp32
I develop a system based on esp32 in mexico, basically scan the networks to show it on application and works really good here in mexico:
wifi_scan_config_t scan_config = {
.ssid = 0,
.bssid = 0,
.channel = 0,
.show_hidden = true
};

I send the devices to turkey, but for my surprise, there no detects any network in turkey, do you have any idea of whats is happening
My customer has 2.4 ghz networks arround. :shock:

JL1946

Re: ESP32 Not see networks in turkey

Postby JL1946 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:07 pm

Take a look at this Wikipedia article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

Basically, you've designed the device to work with WiFi systems based on North American Standards, and are expecting it to work on European/Middle-East WiFi Systems.

Every country in the world designs their WiFi infrastructure and impose standards or variations of Standards depending upon what measure of control the government wants to impose on their citizens. You cannot design a system device without first researching the differences between the environments that you expect it to work in.

Good luck with that...

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:17 am

I doubt that's the case, as North-America only lacks channel 12 and 13. As WiFi channels overlap, even with that handicap, there's a distinct possibility that a device scanning on the NA channels will still see the beacons on these channels. For all other channels, there isn't a problem to begin with; the device happily uses them as is.

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:15 pm

grayefx wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:25 pm
Hi friends!
I have a big trouble with esp32
I develop a system based on esp32 in mexico, basically scan the networks to show it on application and works really good here in mexico:
wifi_scan_config_t scan_config = {
.ssid = 0,
.bssid = 0,
.channel = 0,
.show_hidden = true
};

I send the devices to turkey, but for my surprise, there no detects any network in turkey, do you have any idea of whats is happening
My customer has 2.4 ghz networks arround. :shock:
Hi,

Would you please check that any WiFi channel is being prohibited into Turkey and Mexico?

If possible then erase whole flash and again flash firmware with same configuration.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

brp80000

Postby brp80000 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:38 pm

Somehow I'm not even surprised. Buggy processor, no support. Switch to another MCU

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:05 pm

brp80000 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:38 pm
Somehow I'm not even surprised. Buggy processor, no support. Switch to another MCU
Hi,

I believe that processor is not buggy but it is depending on place where you are going to test which depends on wifi network as well.

There might be chances like in Turkey they might have prohibited few channels which we don't know. So, we will face issue in that type of place.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati