Running code from different flash partitions

jean.passepartout

Running code from different flash partitions

Postby jean.passepartout » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Hi all!

I'm trying to understand if something like the following is possible to implement.
- I would like to have a small partition to store data like the device serial number, communication encryption keys, and other secret data. Think 1 kByte would be enough, encryption is required. What type of partition/mechanism would suit this?
- I would like to have another partition containing code that would be kept permanently on the device. This code would allow handling some of the hardware on the board, one could think it as being the low level drivers of the board. Guess something like 200 kByte would be enough, encryption is also required.
- The application code would be kept on a different location, this code would use the drivers on the previous partition. This partition would be updated via the serial bootloader with the esptool. Is there a way to use the code on the previous partition?

Any ideas on this?

Thanks a lot, cheers
Jean

maltesli

Re: Running code from different flash partitions

Postby maltesli » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:16 am

Hi @jean.passepartout,

right now I am writing my bachelor-thesis.
This is about an IoT System and for that I need have a static client software which should be able to start some code on a different partition. The both partitions should be able to do remote procedure calls and exchange data between them.

Your problem seems to go in the same direction. But unfortunately nobody answered.

Did you somehow managed to solve your problem?
Would be great to hear how you did it! :)

Thank you.
Kind regards.