CPU ramdom do not run affter OTA update

quanvuee

CPU ramdom do not run affter OTA update

Postby quanvuee » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:45 am

Hi!
I use OTA update. It work fine. But affter that, when I turn off, turn on ESP or sofware restart ESP, ESP ramdom can not start. It hang in "Pro CPU start user code". It not happen everytime so I don't know why?
Hope someone can help me.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (178.9 KiB) Viewed 4609 times

ESP_Angus

Re: CPU ramdom do not run affter OTA update

Postby ESP_Angus » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:27 am

Does the same app work if you flash it directly (ie to clean device, not via OTA)?

What version of IDF was the new app built with? And what version of IDF was used for the bootloader that is on the device using OTA? (The bootloader version should be logged as part of booting).

There was a bug fixed recently for backwards compatibility of newer IDF apps with pre-v2.1 bootloaders.
It not happen everytime so I don't know why?
Do you mean every time you run the OTA update, or every time you reset with the same app on the flash?

quanvuee

Re: CPU ramdom do not run affter OTA update

Postby quanvuee » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:11 am

ESP_Angus wrote:Does the same app work if you flash it directly (ie to clean device, not via OTA)?
Yes. Actually I use example in IDF for OTA app.
What version of IDF was the new app built with? And what version of IDF was used for the bootloader that is on the device using OTA? (The bootloader version should be logged as part of booting).
I have updated the lastest.
Do you mean every time you run the OTA update, or every time you reset with the same app on the flash?
It's not happen every time I reset with the same app on the flash. Just sometime.

New: If OTA app and factory app is the same, it not happen.