ESP32 with GSM modem - PPP over Serial (PPPoS) client example

rudi ;-)

Re: ESP32 with GSM modem - PPP over Serial (PPPoS) client example

Postby rudi ;-) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:35 am

perhabs you have a look and try on WisLTE Board too?

it's Quectel's BG96

edit:
beta started

best wishes
rudi ;-)
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
-------------------------------------
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

drbomb

Postby drbomb » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi, I've successfully made a PPPoS connection and it works great, as expected. The thing is that I'm using a SIM5320A, and it has along other stuff, a GPS antenna.

Is it possible to put the PPPoS connection in "Hold" while I send AT commands to the modem? I know I can escape the PPP interface with the <pause>+++<pause> sequence, but I'd like to be able to send the AT command and resume the PPPoS stack.

loboris

Postby loboris » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:23 am

drbomb wrote:...
Is it possible to put the PPPoS connection in "Hold" while I send AT commands to the modem? I know I can escape the PPP interface with the <pause>+++<pause> sequence, but I'd like to be able to send the AT command and resume the PPPoS stack.
You have to execute ppposDisconnect(0,0) function, than you can send any AT command sequence.
After you are finished, execute ppposInit() to go back online.
Look at sms_task in main.c for an example.

The code of the pppos_client_task could be improved so that not the whole GSM modem initialization sequence is executed after offline mode and return to online faster (it is probably enough to only execute AT+CGDATA="PPP",1\r\n). I will test it.

santanapablo1975

Postby santanapablo1975 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Loboris! Thanks great job.

Tested! and works great!

Thanks all!

Have a nice day!

Juan

chinmaygarg

Postby chinmaygarg » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:05 pm

Hey Guys! Is there any implementation of ESP32 / ESP8266 with AI A6 GSM module to send AT commands ans Read SMS?

markwj

Postby markwj » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:47 pm

drbomb wrote:Is it possible to put the PPPoS connection in "Hold" while I send AT commands to the modem? I know I can escape the PPP interface with the <pause>+++<pause> sequence, but I'd like to be able to send the AT command and resume the PPPoS stack.
We're using SIM5360 and the GSM MUX functionality. This allows us to create virtual comm ports to the SIMCOM modem, with each COM port doing a different function. So, we can have GPS/GNS NMEA streaming in on one, PPP on another, SMS on a third, and a fourth for general AT commands.

Our code is still very unpolished, but you are welcome to see it here:

https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Ve ... simcom/src

xvinny

Postby xvinny » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:54 pm

I'm using your code as a base for my application.
My project contains a ESP32 together with GPS and a SIM800L board.
The target is to do GPS tracking through Wi-Fi and 3G.
Is there some library that does the connection management, switching between GPRS and Wi-Fi (when the configured network is available)?

Best regards

Vinicius
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Tell me if you knows how to use the Programmer module of Windows Calc and I'm gonna say who you are.

markwj

Postby markwj » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:52 am

xvinny wrote:I'm using your code as a base for my application.
My project contains a ESP32 together with GPS and a SIM800L board.
The target is to do GPS tracking through Wi-Fi and 3G.
Is there some library that does the connection management, switching between GPRS and Wi-Fi (when the configured network is available)
Not that I'm aware of. Our own code is implementing that ourselves (main/ovms_netmanager). We have the structure there, but haven't implemented the actual switch yet. You are welcome to use our code base. It is component based, and menuconfig can be used to enable/disable components. We've done a lot of work on configuration storage, event management, scripting, command consoles, ota, etc; all to make a nice framework.

xvinny

Postby xvinny » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:42 pm

markwj wrote: Not that I'm aware of. Our own code is implementing that ourselves (main/ovms_netmanager). We have the structure there, but haven't implemented the actual switch yet. You are welcome to use our code base. It is component based, and menuconfig can be used to enable/disable components. We've done a lot of work on configuration storage, event management, scripting, command consoles, ota, etc; all to make a nice framework.
Congratulations by your job, it is impressive! Unfortunately I still don't know how to program to Mongoose, but it is in my future plans. Actually I'm using only ESP-IDF :)
Thank you anyways! Abraço!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Tell me if you knows how to use the Programmer module of Windows Calc and I'm gonna say who you are.

iva_wearable

Postby iva_wearable » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:40 pm

I have used this example as a basis for my code but I cannot work out how the code requests a UART buffer size of twice the data buffer size (which is set to 1024).

The uart_driver_install() function disallows anything above 128 bytes for Tx or Rx, the size of the hardware UART FIFOs.

If someone could tell me how to reconcile this, it would be useful.