pyBlufi - cross-platform Blufi library in python

someburner

pyBlufi - cross-platform Blufi library in python

Postby someburner » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:06 am

I made a python library for Blufi to perform device provisioning from a PC (mac/linux/windows) using BLE. This makes use of the bleak python library. The main reason for this is to be able to speed up development of customizations to Blufi, instead of having to use a phone or simulator. This way you can test custom commands, etc before implementing on a phone.

I understand Espressif has their all-in-one provisioning manager now, and also has a python tool that can run from a PC, but I feel that Blufi is a bit easier to hack on and customize.

The library is still very much in an alpha/beta state, but maybe people will find it useful or have ideas to improve it. Ultimately I'd like to make the library extensible and make it easy to add custom commands/responses.

https://github.com/someburner/pyBlufi

kilroy

Re: pyBlufi - cross-platform Blufi library in python

Postby kilroy » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:43 pm

This library has been very useful, thanks! I don't use Python much and am still getting going with ESP32 BLE Blufi, and I needed to connect a PC to an ESP32 product we are working on and this did the trick. Well, I can get the ESP32 onto wifi, which was the main intent, but I am also trying to send and receive data to the ESP32 device. I can send, but haven't figured out how to receive data. I would thing I need to subscribe to a notification to a characteristic in order to be able to receive data (did I mention BLE and GATT are also newish subjects to me?) and I haven't figured that out yet. I note the presence of library functions for reading data, but can find no examples for putting them into use. If you or anyone got past that step I'd love to hear how.