Introducing ESP8266 unicontrol: Simplifying Home Automation

ayateceu

Introducing ESP8266 unicontrol: Simplifying Home Automation

Postby ayateceu » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:47 pm

Hi all,
I'm excited to share a project I've been working on for the past 2 years. The ESP8266 unicontrol (I want to duplicate and expand also for ESP32 in the foreseeable future) is a single, unified program for basic home automation based on ESP8266 in any variant with at least 4MB flash (including the relay modules with embedded ESP-12E/F like yunshan). The idea was to either significantly reduce the effort needed to code and maintain programs for each small ESP8266 application or enable the ESP8266 also to non-coders. The user gets a fine-tuned, easy-to-setup firmware that can be implemented and set up in minutes. Once flashed onto your ESP8266, it is capable of collecting data from various connected sensors, process it and control selected outputs based on the input readings, real time clock or received remote commands. It carries a robust MQTT and HTTP APIs to easily track all relevant information or receive user commands, retaining very high flexibility and wireless access capabilities. It can be easily integrated with various 3rd party MQTT dashboards or Node-RED, but can also operate in a fully offline state after set-up.

The complete package comes with:
  • An enthusiastic developer behind it :)
What unicontrol is NOT: A one-size-fits-all toolkit with unlimited options. The idea was not to create an alternative to the IDE or anything, only to remove the necessity to code and maintain basic programs. Unicontrol is not and never will be a substitute for highly specialized programs.

Notable examples of applications where unicontrol is already serving:
  • Rain/Irrigation-tank monitor with automatic refill when empty based on JSN-SR04T
  • Water consumption monitor in a major aquacenter based on standard impulse flow-meters
  • Boiler heater safety relay controller based on DS18B20
  • Infrasauna heater with a body-proximity trigger based on HC-SR04 ultrasound sensor
  • Home thermostat with remote control based on DHT11
  • LED strip controller, and more
Become a Tester!
On top of automatic 14-day free trial I would be happy to provide a permanent MINI licence to the first 20 people willing to test it and provide feedback to mliptak [at] ayatec [dot] eu ;). Constructive feedback is welcome anytime.

Warm regards,
Michal