ESP32-CAM. TG1WDT_SYS_RESET.

esp_man

ESP32-CAM. TG1WDT_SYS_RESET.

Postby esp_man » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:22 pm

Hello.
I have some troubles with modified CameraWebServer template. Not important in this moment, because I noticed that the original project has this problem too.
Module don't want to connect without some resets:

Code: Select all

rst:0x8 (TG1WDT_SYS_RESET),boot:0x13 (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT)
configsip: 0, SPIWP:0xee
clk_drv:0x00,q_drv:0x00,d_drv:0x00,cs0_drv:0x00,hd_drv:0x00,wp_drv:0x00
mode:DIO, clock div:1
load:0x3fff0030,len:1344
load:0x40078000,len:3964
load:0x40080400,len:3600
entry 0x400805f0

But whet it connects, connection and video stream is stable.
I checked with an oscilloscope that there are no significant voltage drops on 5V and 3.3V rails (when powered from USB). Also I checked this using 5V/3A main adapter.
I'm using Arduino 1.8.19, and the latest CameraWebServer template from Arduino Examples (I see that is a little different from that I uses half year ago).
Only changes I made is WiFi ssid and password, and camera model in define section:

Code: Select all

#define CAMERA_MODEL_AI_THINKER
The main settings are correct:
Board: AI Thinker ESP32-CAM
CPU Frequency: 240MHz (WiFi/BT)
Partition scheme: Huge APP (3MB No OTA/1MB SPIFFS)

There are 1...3 resets, with one "." in the end (dots are indicators of WiFi connection establishment).
Then there are ~3 dots, and WiFi connects properly and there are no more resets.
I tested it on several board. Also I have old projects (with old code flashed into it), which works without problems. These projects, when recompiled and flashed again, fails too. So it must be something in Arduino updates that I make since then.
Could You help me to find out the source of this resets?

gcf79633

Re: ESP32-CAM. TG1WDT_SYS_RESET.

Postby gcf79633 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:59 pm

I had same troubles few days ago.
So I selected "ESP32 Wrover Module" (not "AI Thinker ESP32-CAM") in Board Manager Arduino 1.8.19.
Then it was fixed now, maybe.

esp_man

Re: ESP32-CAM. TG1WDT_SYS_RESET.

Postby esp_man » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:33 am

Thank you for your answer.
I checked, and unfortunately your solution doesn't work for me.
I'm more interested in how to detect what is causing the problem.
Not even what causes the problem here, but how to detect what causes problems in general (so that I can detect it myself next time).
Half year ago I managed to create a few projects (as a beginner in ESP32). This projects, once flashed then, work to this today.
But then I choose ESP32-WROOM-DA Module.
Since that time, I created other ESP32 projects but without camera (also as ESP32-WROOM-DA Module). Also upgrading Arduino boards and libraries packages time to time. Everything works well.
Until I noticed that these old camera projects, recompiled again, don't work.
I thought I did something, but I checked the original template project, and it doesn't work either.
Then I change board settings to AI-Thinker, and projects more or less "works" (when reset loop ends).
And You say to change to ESP32 Wrover Module.
This is a lot of changing :D (also: I checked and it doesn't works for me)
Changing board settings, without knowledge why is it necessary, is not a proper solution.
Going back to older libraries versions, when I don't even know from which one it stopped working, doesn't either.