I requested the PID allocated in the ESP's VID but got no response.

frotaitalos

I requested the PID allocated in the ESP's VID but got no response.

Postby frotaitalos » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:20 pm

Sorry if I'm being hasty but I didn't see anywhere talking about deadline for response. I asked for the PID but I didn't get an answer, could someone help me?

Here is my request link: https://github.com/frotaitalo/usb-pids/ ... c2518e6db6

ESP_Sprite

Re: I requested the PID allocated in the ESP's VID but got no response.

Postby ESP_Sprite » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:58 am

You did not request a PID here; you cloned the repository and made a change to it, which is part of the process, but this is still all in your own repository. To actually request the PID, you need to make a pull request to merge the change you made back into the Espressif repository.

Edit: It's a bit more complicated, you seem to have attached your commit to an existing, closed pull request? No clue how you'd do that tbh. For reference, this documents how to make a proper pull request.

frotaitalos

Re: I requested the PID allocated in the ESP's VID but got no response.

Postby frotaitalos » Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:07 pm

ESP_Sprite wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:58 am
You did not request a PID here; you cloned the repository and made a change to it, which is part of the process, but this is still all in your own repository. To actually request the PID, you need to make a pull request to merge the change you made back into the Espressif repository.

Edit: It's a bit more complicated, you seem to have attached your commit to an existing, closed pull request? No clue how you'd do that tbh. For reference, this documents how to make a proper pull request.
I believe that now I made the pull request correctly, could you check for me?