SECRET COMMUNICATION --- How do we hide COMMUNICATION an Esp32 from other devices?

necati

SECRET COMMUNICATION --- How do we hide COMMUNICATION an Esp32 from other devices?

Postby necati » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:43 am

I'm new to BLE technology. I do research for ESP32.

You know the communication between the Macbook and the magic mouse. Mouse broadcasts. The Macbook will receive this broadcast.
Here the MacBook does not appear with other device scans. But bluetooth is on. Can we configure the same for esp32?

I am working on an android project. You can also think about IOS. I want to make a ble communication with Esp32. I only have one wish. Esp32 does not appear when scanning other bluetooth devices.

ESP32 does not appear in the scan of andorid and iOS devices. Just like the MacBook.

How does good communication take place? Android phone has esp32's Service_UUID or Characteristic_UUID. Is it possible to connect to ESP32 even though it does not appear in any browsing?

Other devices are doing bluetooth scanning. How do we hide an Esp32 from other devices? How do we get our device not to appear?

Example; pCharacteristic = pServer->createCharacteristic( notAppearFlag ); vs...

Thank you...
Last edited by necati on Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

necati

Re: Other devices are doing bluetooth scanning. How do we hide an Esp32 from other devices?

Postby necati » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:28 pm

My aim is not to turn off bluetooth communication. For example, Macbook and magic mouse are not seen by any device. But the Bluetooth communication between them continues. I want to hide the communication between esp32 and the other device from others.