ESP32 with Myoware muscle sensor. Have UNO instructions, what should I do differently?

siddha

ESP32 with Myoware muscle sensor. Have UNO instructions, what should I do differently?

Postby siddha » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:34 am

Hi!

I am using Adafruit's Huzzah32 feather which I was given for a previous project. I am wanting to connect it with Sparkfun's Myoware muscle sensor. I have some instructions on using it the sensor with an Arduino UNO:

"Connect the MyoWare’s (+) wire to the +5V output header on the Arduino and (–) to the Arduino GND (ground) header. Connect the signal wire to A0 on Arduino. Connect Arduino to the computer via USB cable."

How would I do this differently on my ESP32 given its max input of 3.3V? I am not so clued up with electronics, though I understand I may need to use a voltage regulator and a type of resistor. It is my intention to power the ESP32 with a LiPo battery. I will be making use of the ESP32's BLE functionality to send data to a smartphone.

Many thanks,

Sid

ESP_Sprite

Re: ESP32 with Myoware muscle sensor. Have UNO instructions, what should I do differently?

Postby ESP_Sprite » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:26 am

If it's the same as this one, you can just hook it up to 3.3V instead of 5V.