Turn off WiFi event logs

krish2487

Turn off WiFi event logs

Postby krish2487 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:04 am

Hello,
Long time lurker and first time poster here.
These boards have been fairly helpful in addressing many of the issues that I have come across due to the wonderful people here.
Thank you for that!!
I have been able to find a solution by mostly searching on these boards and google..

However, I am at my wits end for this particular issue.

A little context first, I am using a custom ESP32 board based on the hornbill hardware. I am using platformio for development, mostly because its library and dependancy manager are useful to work and help in automating the build process.

My particular application uses bluetooth to setup the wifi credentials on the device, and reboots and tries to connect with the saved wifi credentials. If the user enter the credentials wrong, then all i see on the serial port is this.
Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 10.49.29.png
Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 10.49.29.png (111.27 KiB) Viewed 2610 times
Is there a way to turn off the specific wifi event log and all logs in general. I cannot use the "make menuconfig" since platformio does not use that method. I tried the next best thing by modifying the sdkconfig.h in the packages folder. Specifically I changed these options

#define CONFIG_ARDUHAL_LOG_DEFAULT_LEVEL 0
#define CONFIG_LOG_DEFAULT_LEVEL 0
#define CONFIG_LOG_BOOTLOADER_LEVEL 0

from 1 to 0 as shown above. However they dont seem to do anything. I still get the same logs on the serial port. Is my understanding right that modifying these defnes should suppress the log output? If yes, then why am I still getting the logs. If no, then what is an appropriate method to suppress all the logging output using the sdkconfig.h file.

Thank you in advance!! :-)

I apologize if I have violated any forum / board guidelines.