gatt client to read from NONIN3230

tyrion

gatt client to read from NONIN3230

Postby tyrion » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi Everybody,

I am working on Gatt client example to read data NONIN3230 pulseoximeter. I am able to connection with a esp32 server and read the data from the device But could not make connection with NONIN3230 pulse oximeter device. ie.. while performing the scanning, the client is not able to discover the advertisement of the device. but it can discover the advertisement of other ble servers like MI band and nrf module.

I have tried changing the search criteria ie..

static esp_ble_scan_params_t ble_scan_params = {
.scan_type = BLE_SCAN_TYPE_ACTIVE, //default
//.scan_type = BLE_SCAN_TYPE_PASSIVE,
.own_addr_type = BLE_ADDR_TYPE_PUBLIC, //default
//.own_addr_type = BLE_ADDR_TYPE_RANDOM,
//.own_addr_type = BLE_ADDR_TYPE_RPA_PUBLIC,
//.own_addr_type = BLE_ADDR_TYPE_RPA_RANDOM,
.scan_filter_policy = BLE_SCAN_FILTER_ALLOW_ALL, //default
//.scan_filter_policy = BLE_SCAN_FILTER_ALLOW_ONLY_WLST,
//.scan_filter_policy = BLE_SCAN_FILTER_ALLOW_UND_RPA_DIR,
//.scan_filter_policy =BLE_SCAN_FILTER_ALLOW_WLIST_PRA_DIR,
.scan_interval = 0x50,
.scan_window = 0x30
};

:roll:
The NONIN device uses 128 bit uuid and some encryption, does it have any different procedure for scanning or i am missing something ?
Thanks in advance for your time.

ESP_TK

Re: gatt client to read from NONIN3230

Postby ESP_TK » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:04 am

Hi,

At first, you should make sure the NONIN3230 pulseoximeter is in advertising, and the advertise could been scaned.
Some BLE devices maybe send directional advertise after it has been connected once, just can scan by connected devise.
Maybe you can try restore factory, or use a sniffer device(such as bluetooh usb dongle) to get the NONIN3230's advertise data and analysis it.

tyrion

Postby tyrion » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:17 am

thanks esp_tk,

I was able to find the advertisement, just by increasing the scan interval/scan window. They were using blugiga module as ble server, which requires a longer period of scanning.
i was able to make the connection and read the data. but i am not able to make the connection consistently, ie.. i need to restart the device for around 10 to 15 times to make a successful connection. Connection fail to establish error(bta_gattc_conn_cback() reason0x003e ) occurs. and sometimes l2cap connection canceled error.

The NONIN uses just works pairing, what is the way to perform just works pairing from esp client .

engmohamedsalah

Postby engmohamedsalah » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:38 pm

Hello all,

I am facing the same issue with notification. I am using nkolban examples but the notifyCallback method never called and the characteristic is always empty

Thanks,