Is it possible to create a painlessMesh using ESP-NOW?

faisalsaddique

Is it possible to create a painlessMesh using ESP-NOW?

Postby faisalsaddique » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:36 pm

Hi fellows,

I was working on my graduation project in which I need to use ESP-NOW for saving the power and extending the range of network, but at the same time, I need something like the "painlessMesh". By that, I mean I want my mesh to be self healing and have the Parent-child topology as well. So if any of the nodes break down, the rest of the nodes heal up and my mesh still works. I cannot find any documentation of whether this is possible or not. I would really appreciate if someone provides me some guidance in this regard.

Faisal Saddique

Franco

Re: Is it possible to create a painlessMesh using ESP-NOW?

Postby Franco » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:56 am

Hi Faisal, would you consider using ESP Wi-Fi Mesh? Have a look here https://www.espressif.com/en/products/s ... h/overview

faisalsaddique

Postby faisalsaddique » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:11 am

Franco wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:56 am
Hi Faisal, would you consider using ESP Wi-Fi Mesh? Have a look here https://www.espressif.com/en/products/s ... h/overview
Hi Franco, thanks for getting back to me.

I already had a look at it. Basically what I need is an ESP WiFi Mesh but not using the traditional WiFi communication protocol, instead I want it to use ESP-NOW for communication. The reason is, my nodes need to be placed at a larger distance like 300 meters. Please let me know if you know a way out. Thanks!

Franco

Postby Franco » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:17 am

Hi Faisal, have you tested ESP-NOW with 300m distance between nodes? Apart that, sorry I am not aware of mesh implementations using ESP-NOW. I let others respond. I still think ESP-MESH is worth investigating.