ESP32 stops sending data to web server

ebrubb

ESP32 stops sending data to web server

Postby ebrubb » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:43 am

Hello, I am working on an AR/VR project with an ESP32 (STA mode) that creates a server and sends axis + acceleration informations to that server. But very randomly it stops to sending information to that server. I tested it numerously times and sometimes suddenly it cuts to sending data sometimes it doesn't. Do you have a solution idea? Thanks.
I tried to fix this problem as follows; i changed the libraries i was using, changed my network provider, checked the memory but it didn't work.

liaifat85

Re: ESP32 stops sending data to web server

Postby liaifat85 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:36 pm

I am not sure which version of the ESP32 you are using. The ESP32 have different versions like WROOM, S2,C3 etc. If it is economically feasible you can switch to another Variant and check if the same problem persists. Also, check if your power supply is stable. Here is is tutorial on how to create a Web Server with ESP32. The WROOM has been used here. You can cross-check your circuit connection and code with this:

https://www.theengineeringprojects.com/ ... esp32.html

joglz8

Re: ESP32 stops sending data to web server

Postby joglz8 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:11 am

I have had similar problems in the past. I never did find the cause but probably related to a sprawling lan with some lower quality switches and ap's.

I added some programming that watched for the wifi and/or ethernet activity to stop and if it did to disconnect and then re-connect.

On some other devices that don't have regular traffic I timed it (every 30 minutes) to disconnect and re-connect.

Not elegant, but works for me.
Old controls guy, SW Ontario, Canada .