Some devices gets timeout trying to access webserver via WiFi.

thomasx

Some devices gets timeout trying to access webserver via WiFi.

Postby thomasx » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:12 am

Hi

I have setup an ESP32-DevKitC with WiFi and Webserver.h

I run the ESP first as an AP, and then as a client connected to my local WiFi network.

As an AP I can connect to the WiFi AP with all my devices, but some android phones gets timeout when I try to access the webserver, Ping does also not work from those devices. From some other devices everything is working fine, both Webserver access and ping works as expected. On one device webserver access works but no response when Pinging.

When I connect the ESP32 to my local WiFi, running as a client, the situation is the same. The same devices gets timeout on webserver access and ping, and the same devices that worked in AP works also now.

What could be the issue here? What should I look for.

I have compiled using Verbose mode and when the devices try to access the webserver or ping, there is no debug or verbose information output at all.

Thanks!

liaifat85

Re: Some devices gets timeout trying to access webserver via WiFi.

Postby liaifat85 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:53 pm

Check the signal strength of the WiFi network from the problematic devices' perspectives. Weak signals can cause timeouts and failed connections. Try to move the ESP32 closer to the devices experiencing issues.

thomasx

Re: Some devices gets timeout trying to access webserver via WiFi.

Postby thomasx » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:03 am

This is NOT a signal strength issue. The ESP32 is using a high quality external antenna and all units are tested in close range.

Some further tests seems to indicate this is related to the Wifi part of the ESP32 system, rather than the Webserver as could be intuitively suspected. But I've tried three different webservers and they all give the same problem (Webserver.h, ESPAsyncWebserver.h and WifiServer.h)

The problem is also the same if the ESP32 is connected to a local WiFi as a station instead of run as an access point, and the phones that does not get any response from the ESP32, is working fine for all other web-connections via the local Wifi.