Eclipse C++ Build using Kolban's guide

RA5040

Eclipse C++ Build using Kolban's guide

Postby RA5040 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:41 pm

Hi,

I've successfully built Kolban's main_helloworld.cpp project, but I had difficulties importing the Include Directories from the c_includes.xml file. I had to copy the "GNU C++" entries to a "C++ Source File" section. I found this out by adding an entry manually and then exporting it and I found that the language name used was "C++ Source File".

I wonder what the reason for this is?

Cheers

Robert

dmdamen

Re: Eclipse C++ Build using Kolban's guide

Postby dmdamen » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi,

I'm new. I'm having issues importing the @kolban includes as well. I'm using Eclipse Oxygen.3a. After import, the include sections remains empty.

T.i.a for any help.

kolban

Postby kolban » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:55 am

I too had problems working with Eclipse Oxygen. However, I recently moved to the now generally available Eclipse Photon and all seems to work well again.
Free book on ESP32 available here: https://leanpub.com/kolban-ESP32

Grandpa

Postby Grandpa » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:46 am

dmdamen wrote:Hi,

I'm new. I'm having issues importing the @kolban includes as well. I'm using Eclipse Oxygen.3a. After import, the include sections remains empty.

T.i.a for any help.
If the include section is empty or just not showing up in the project tree I would suggest to open the project properties. Then go to "C/C++ General" -> "Indexer". From there make sure that the selected build configuration for the indexer is correct. This should be the same as the configuration you have under "C/C++ Build". You also have to rebuild the index after that.

I found this because I usually import the configuration from a 'master' project.
"Project" -> "Properties" -> "C/C++ Build". Select "Manage Configurations" -> "New" -> "Import from projects"

This works fine EXCEPT that the build configuration for the indexer also need to be changed to the newly created (imported) configuration. I personally select "use a fixed build configuration" and then pick the configuration from the drop down box.

J-P

dmdamen

Postby dmdamen » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:54 pm

kolban wrote:I too had problems working with Eclipse Oxygen. However, I recently moved to the now generally available Eclipse Photon and all seems to work well again.
I uninstalled Oxygen and installed photon. No difference unfortunately.

Does Eclipse produce any logfiles for stuff like this?

kolban

Postby kolban » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:17 am

What I would suggest is that you we create a few junk settings by hand and then export them. Find the export file and then lets compare it against the export file that it in Github. If I remember correctly, they are just text files ... so what we can do is compare the two and see if there is an obvious error. I'm happy to assist as needed. Its one of those "Well it works here ..." puzzles ... but obviously I'm keen to assist to find the distinction. If we need, we can arrange a screen share live.
Free book on ESP32 available here: https://leanpub.com/kolban-ESP32

dmdamen

Postby dmdamen » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:49 am

I made a bogus export as you suggested and I think I found the difference.

My export contains:

Code: Select all

<language name="C++ Source File">
While yours contains:

Code: Select all

<language name="GNU C++">
My eclipse UI does show "GNU C++" though. I changed the names in your file to match mine and now it works :)

dmdamen

Postby dmdamen » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:36 am

Hi @Grandpa,

My previous reply to you got rejected but as you can see I've been able to solve the problem with Kolban's help. Thanks anyway.

RA5040

Postby RA5040 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:01 pm

I really apologize for starting this topic and then vanishing ... but I didn't realize that it had actually gone live (I was waiting on the Admin to approve my posting).

At any rate I see that it wasn't a wasted post. I did get it to work after a while (I did the same thing that Neil suggested) and found that I had to change the language name to C++ Source File from GNU C++ ... go figure!

Thanks anyway!!

Robert