Problem with make menuconfig in Debian

anakyr

Problem with make menuconfig in Debian

Postby anakyr » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:59 am

I tried to make menuconfig in a Virtual machine I have with debian and I get the following error.
Entering directory '/home/vagrant/sync/esp/esp-idf/tools/kconfig'
make[1]: lxdialog/check-lxdialog.sh: Command not found
lxdialog/check-lxdialog.sh -check cc -DLOCALE -MD
Makefile:203: recipe for target 'dochecklxdialog' failed
make[1]: *** [dochecklxdialog] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/vagrant/sync/esp/esp-idf/tools/kconfig'

I believe I have specified the paths for PATH and IDF_PATH correctly and I also have the most recent toolchain installed.
Regarding the IDF I am using version 3.0.3. I would like to lock at this version and not use a newer one.
Is there any issue with dependencies of an older idf with a newer toolchain or the problem has to with debian only?
I found what is shown in the attached picture in the website. could that be the reason? That dependencies for debian do not exist yet?
Attachments
debian.png
debian.png (24.95 KiB) Viewed 3935 times

anakyr

Re: Problem with make menuconfig in Debian

Postby anakyr » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:12 pm

FYI I already tried make clean and rm ${IDF_PATH}/tools/kconfig/lxdialog/*.d as solutions, like proposed in the forum, but did not work for me.

ESP_Angus

Re: Problem with make menuconfig in Debian

Postby ESP_Angus » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:33 am

Does the file /home/vagrant/sync/esp/esp-idf/tools/kconfig/lxdialog/check-lxdialog.sh exist? Is it marked as executable?

If you copied the files into the Vagrant VM from a filesystem which doesn't use Unix file permissions (like Windows) then it's probably removed all the executable permissions from scripts like this one. If this is the case then try git cloning esp-idf again from inside the VM (there are a few things which need to be marked executable, so manually fixing each one may be fiddly).