Eclipse on Windows: Symbol 'CONFIG_FREERTOS_HZ' could not be resolved

/dev/null

Eclipse on Windows: Symbol 'CONFIG_FREERTOS_HZ' could not be resolved

Postby /dev/null » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:47 pm

Good morning!

I'm having a small difficulty with setting up Eclipse which I hope you'll be able to help me with. This is my first setup, and I'm very much the neophyte to ESP32, though I do have more substantial experience with embedded development on the Atmel chips using Atmel Studio 7.

Working with the "Hello World" project, I'm getting an error on the line that reads:

Code: Select all

vTaskDelay(1000 / portTICK_PERIOD_MS);
In relation to portTICK_PERIOD_MS, eclipse is complaining that "Symbol 'CONFIG_FREERTOS_HZ' could not be resolved".

In reading this post by kolban (I bought his ESP32 book yesterday - fantastic read), I see that he recommends #include-ing sdkconfig.h. That post is about a year and a half old, though, and I believe things have changed a little bit, as running "make menuconfig" does generate this header file, it does not include it in the main directory. It stashes it off in the build directory instead. I don't think including this header from the build directory is the right move. Aside from having to set up eclipse to look in build/include for the file, that directory is a bit ephemeral, and I worry that it's just not a good practice to get into (I could be wrong).

Everything builds fine, I can flash my dev board fine, etc... but Eclipse seeing this as an error drives me a little batty. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to clean this up?

Thanks!

Kindest Regards,
Bill