register_chipv7_phy never returns when limiting code to te bare minimum

roel00

register_chipv7_phy never returns when limiting code to te bare minimum

Postby roel00 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:37 am

Hi,

I'm currently experimenting with bare metal programming for the esp32, for that reason I want to limit the esp-idf part to the bare minimum
I created the following application:

Code: Select all

#define MMIO32(addr)            (*(volatile uint32_t *)(addr))
#define NO_CAL 1
void ENTRY_POIMT
   {
       // Disable RTC watchdog set by bootloader                                                 
       MMIO32(0x3ff48000+0x8c) &= ~((uint32_t)(1<<10));                                          
       // Disable Timer0 watchdog set by bootloader
       MMIO32(0x3ff5F000+0x0048) &= ~((uint32_t)(1<<14));                                        
       asm volatile("wsr %0, vecbase\n" :: "r"(&_init_start));                                   
        memset(&_bss_start, 0, (size_t)(&_bss_end - &_bss_start) * sizeof(_bss_start));

// BT clck enable                                                                         
       /* Mask for all Bluetooth clock bits -  0, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 16, 17 */                   
       MMIO32(0x3FF00000  + 0x0CC) |= ((uint32_t) (0x30BC9));
       // BT reset
       MMIO32(0x3FF00000 + 0x0D0)  |= ~((uint32_t) (0));

esp_phy_calibration_data_t* cal_data = (esp_phy_calibration_data_t*) malloc(sizeof(esp_phy_calibration_data_t));
       memset(cal_data, 0, sizeof(esp_phy_calibration_data_t ));
       uart_string_tx("RF INIT !!!!\n");
       register_chipv7_phy(NULL, cal_data, NO_CAL);
       uart_string_tx("[DONE] RF INIT !!!!\n");
       while(1);             

But for some reason I never see the last print, The code seems to be stuck inside the phy init part. Did I forget to initialize something else? Note: my malloc implementation is tested and works.