Memory leak issue

DEVANG_DIXIT

Memory leak issue

Postby DEVANG_DIXIT » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:13 am

In my code there is one HTTP web server and one HTTP client continuously running, when the Only the HTTP client communication takes place there is no leak. But when both runs simultaneously :
(Sends data to Web Server(running on ESP32)) (Client(running on esp32) Echoes back data rcvd to cloud)
(web browser------------------------------------------------------------>HTTP web Server-----------> HTTP client------------------------------------>cloud)

IN this case the memory leak occurs .....
the heap goes on decreasing continuously and after some time I got 'wifi bcn timeout' error.

ESP_Sprite

Re: Memory leak issue

Postby ESP_Sprite » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:13 am

I decapped your title, no need to yell here.

What server and client specifically are you using? Can you post relevant bits of your code here? Have you looked at the esp-idf memory tracing features?

DEVANG_DIXIT

Postby DEVANG_DIXIT » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:38 pm

My friend I am not yelling, I know that somewhere the leak is in my code.
I have tried using 'esp trace features' but I am Not able to find the exact location of leak.
The client is the esp_http_client which communicates to the cloud and Server is http web server which handles the requests from web browser like wifi-provisioning and local communication. so, can you help me to find the exact location of leak.

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:15 am

I was referring to the fact that on the Internet writing in all capital letters is seen as the equivalent of yelling. Your title was in all capitals, so it looked like you were yelling your title. Hence my statement.

Wrt the memory leak: No, as it is right now, I don't think anyone can help you, as you aren't giving any information we can use to help you. For instance, what web server specifically do you use? If you used the trace features but failed to pin down the exact location, did you find some likely candidates at least? Can you post your sources so we can see what's wrong for ourselves?