Is it practical to pay an expert to design a PCB?

andrews

Is it practical to pay an expert to design a PCB?

Postby andrews » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:56 am

I'm trying to get a general understanding of what the cost might be to get an esp32 board designed to fit a specific size, with specific layout.

I'm technical, but electronics design is outside my expertise. I'm wondering are there people or companies who do this sort of thing, and what does it cost?

Of course how long is a piece of string, but I'm trying to get some sort of narrative around the topic to guide me as to whether this is practical or not.

Where would I find someone with expertise in designing computer electronics?

loboris

Re: Is it practical to pay an expert to design a PCB?

Postby loboris » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:16 am

andrews wrote:I'm trying to get a general understanding of what the cost might be to get an esp32 board designed to fit a specific size, with specific layout.

I'm technical, but electronics design is outside my expertise. I'm wondering are there people or companies who do this sort of thing, and what does it cost?

Of course how long is a piece of string, but I'm trying to get some sort of narrative around the topic to guide me as to whether this is practical or not.

Where would I find someone with expertise in designing computer electronics?
I'm not an expert (professional) PCB designer, but I'm designing microcontroler based boards (mostly for remote measurement stations, for myself and others) for more than 15 years.
I could do the PCB design based on ESP32, the price will mostly depend on the circuit complexity and would be somewhere in the range of 200 - 1000 US$.
When designing for others, I usualy also do the assembly of 1-2 prototype boards to test the design.
You can send me a private message for more details.

Here is my latest design with 3 ESP32 modules and a GSM module (accepts SIM900, SIM800F, SIM5300E, SIM7000E) on 100x100mm board:

mikemoy

Postby mikemoy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 pm

I'm not an expert (professional) PCB designer
I am, and have been one for more than 25 years. In looking at loboris PCB he did a dam good job. He may not claim to be an expert, but you can tell he understands things in how to do it.

scalhoun

Postby scalhoun » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:47 pm

@loboris It looks like as a new member I'm unable to send you a DM to discuss a project I'm working on. Could you try to DM my account?