Factory reset

urbanze

Factory reset

Postby urbanze » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:51 pm

I am using the factory reset option of bootloader (menuconfig), it works fine but there is a problem.

I am using GPIO4 for both factory reset and user touch (after code start) and when some software reset, panic reset, etc happens (! = POWER_ON), it seems that the bootloader does not activate the pull_up of the pin, causing factory reset... However, in power_on works normally.

What is this problem and how solve?

ESP_Sprite

Re: Factory reset

Postby ESP_Sprite » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:47 am

One thing I can think of is that the pin has enough (parasitic) capacitance to still be low, even after the pull-up is enabled. You could try adding a delay of a bunch of milliseconds between the pull-up enable and the pin read to compensate for this.

urbanze

Postby urbanze » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:15 pm

ESP_Sprite wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:47 am
One thing I can think of is that the pin has enough (parasitic) capacitance to still be low, even after the pull-up is enabled. You could try adding a delay of a bunch of milliseconds between the pull-up enable and the pin read to compensate for this.
How can I add delay if "bootloader" read the pin? I just enable this option in menuconfig, changing absolutly nothing in my code. Why in power_on works (not trigger reset) and when software reset occur fail (trigging reset factory)?

chegewara

Postby chegewara » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:40 pm

urbanze

Postby urbanze » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:12 pm

I finally finished developing OTA via GSM, however, this problem persists and is half out of our reach, since the bootloader should activate the internal pull-up at boot every time, but when SW_RST occurs this does not seem to happen, causing factory reset.

Help guys?

WiFive

Postby WiFive » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Also possible the touch fsm is not getting disabled/reset during those reset events. You could modify the bootloader to make sure touch is deinit and rtc gpio is deinit.

urbanze

Postby urbanze » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:08 pm

WiFive wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:45 pm
Also possible the touch fsm is not getting disabled/reset during those reset events. You could modify the bootloader to make sure touch is deinit and rtc gpio is deinit.
If I need to change the bootloader for this to work, it will be easier to disable it and make my own "IF" at the beginning of the code to boot into factory_app... I will be waiting for correction and do my methods. :?