Creating Mesh Network using ESP32

futechiot

Creating Mesh Network using ESP32

Postby futechiot » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:23 am

Hello there,

I had successfully created a SENSOR NODE and GATEWAY type mechanism using esp8266 and using PAINLESSMESH library.

now I want to use ESP32 for better performance when I'm trying to use PAINLESS MESH with ESP 32 I got following error:
I'm using Arduino IDE and ESP32 MH ET.

Code: Select all

C:\Users\Arana\Documents\Arduino\libraries\painlessMesh-master\src/painlessMesh.h:232:5: error: 'WiFiEventId_t' does not name a type

WiFiEventId_t eventScanDoneHandler;
     ^
C:\Users\Arana\Documents\Arduino\libraries\painlessMesh-master\src/painlessMesh.h:233:5: error: 'WiFiEventId_t' does not name a type

WiFiEventId_t eventSTAStartHandler;
     ^
C:\Users\Arana\Documents\Arduino\libraries\painlessMesh-master\src/painlessMesh.h:234:5: error: 'WiFiEventId_t' does not name a type

WiFiEventId_t eventSTADisconnectedHandler;
     ^
C:\Users\Arana\Documents\Arduino\libraries\painlessMesh-master\src/painlessMesh.h:235:5: error: 'WiFiEventId_t' does not name a type

WiFiEventId_t eventSTAGotIPHandler;
     ^
I think I have to add something or looks like a declaration error.
I'm not sure
can anyone help me with this painless mesh and esp32?
Thanks

ESP_LBB

Re: Creating Mesh Network using ESP32

Postby ESP_LBB » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:19 am

Hello,

painlessMesh is kindly developped by our supporter. We are glad to notice it and we will study it too. Will share with you if we get any progress.

Also if you are interested in Mesh on ESP32, I would like to introduce you ESP-MESH (This is not supported on ESP8266 however). It's based on Wi-Fi so no need for gateway.

Here some links may be useful to you:

Introduction of ESP-MESH: This doc will help you get the basic idea of how ESP-MESH works.
API guide of ESP-MESH: This doc will help you get familiar of the API of ESP-MESH if you decide to develop your own application based on ESP-MESH.
Demo code for ESP-MESH function: This is the demo code for two most important functions, network and internal communication, in case you want to test the performance.
GitHub for ESP-MDF: Add net config module, upgrade module etc and complete application examples.

futechiot

Postby futechiot » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:51 am

ESP_LBB wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:19 am
Hello,

painlessMesh is kindly developped by our supporter. We are glad to notice it and we will study it too. Will share with you if we get any progress.

Also if you are interested in Mesh on ESP32, I would like to introduce you ESP-MESH (This is not supported on ESP8266 however). It's based on Wi-Fi so no need for gateway.

Here some links may be useful to you:

Introduction of ESP-MESH: This doc will help you get the basic idea of how ESP-MESH works.
API guide of ESP-MESH: This doc will help you get familiar of the API of ESP-MESH if you decide to develop your own application based on ESP-MESH.
Demo code for ESP-MESH function: This is the demo code for two most important functions, network and internal communication, in case you want to test the performance.
GitHub for ESP-MDF: Add net config module, upgrade module etc and complete application examples.
Thanks @ESP_LBB
Yeah, I'm already going for ESP-MDF. but that method is time-consuming.

Is there any help that you can provide for PAINLESSMESH !?
cause it's already ported on ESP32 HARDWARE by Germán Martín

gmag11

Postby gmag11 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:01 pm

Hi,

It looks like your ESP32 Arduino framework is outdated. PainlessMesh is working fine on ESP32 on my side.

ESP-MESH looks promissing. It is not compatible with ESP8266 as PainlessMesh is, but performance and features should be better.

Btw, I am not the main developer of PainlessMesh. You can go to the GitLab repository and place an issue there. Development is quite active.

Best regards,
Germán