how the leaf node could send the data to other node around the whole mesh network

vernon

how the leaf node could send the data to other node around the whole mesh network

Postby vernon » Tue May 15, 2018 1:54 am

Hello,

I have run the demo https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/tr ... ransceiver on my esp32 board. I am trying to use 3 esp32 board attach to the mesh network, the topology is root node, intermediate node, leaf node. However, only the root node can send the data to all the nodes around the mesh network, the intermediate node can send data to the leaf node and itself, but the leaf node only can send data to itself.
I called the esp_mesh_get_routing_table() to get the router table and size, but when the leaf node called this API, the router table only saved the mesh address of itself, and could communicate with its parent node through calling esp_mesh_get_parent_bssid() to get the parent's address and send the data to. how the leaf node could send the data to other node around the whole mesh network?
any help is appreciated.
thank you in advance

ESP_yudong

Re: how the leaf node could send the data to other node around the whole mesh network

Postby ESP_yudong » Thu May 17, 2018 8:07 am

Maybe your question is "How can I get the address of other node in mesh network" , right ?
How to get the address should be done in application.
Leaf nodes could communicate whith other nodes if you know the target address. The function esp_mesh_get_routing_table() just gets addresses of nodes in its sub network. The target address shall be input by yourself if you want to communicate to a specific node.
Did I make myself clear?

vernon

Re: how the leaf node could send the data to other node around the whole mesh network

Postby vernon » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:39 am

Yes, but I also don't know the address of other node. My requirement is every node no matter which role(leaf or root or intermediate) could communicate with all the other node around the whole network. Can ESP32 meet this requirement?
Thank you.

ESP_yudong

Postby ESP_yudong » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:20 am

How to get the address should be done in application.
Mesh network only charged with frames' transmission.

https://github.com/espressif/esp-mdf There're some examples might help you.

For example:
A,B,C are in a mesh network, A tells B : "send something to C", now B knows C.

ESP_yudong

Postby ESP_yudong » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:34 am

[quote="ESP_yudong"]How to get the address should be done in application.
Mesh network only charged with frames' transmission.

https://github.com/espressif/esp-mdf There're some examples might help you.