No meshkit-sense examples in master branch

ltbeck

No meshkit-sense examples in master branch

Postby ltbeck » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:28 pm

The master branch readme file shows this:

Example Layout
The examples are grouped into subdirectories by category. Each category directory contains one or more example projects:

-get_started: contains some very simple examples with minimal functionality.
-function_demo: demonstrates how functions can be used.
-development_kit: provides ESP32-MeshKit and ESP32-Buddy application demos.
-solution: offers a routerless solution, as well as the solutions for indoor positioning, street light control, etc.

However, there is no "development_kit" or "solution" folders. I'm trying to find examples for the meshkit-sense board.

Thanks!

ESP_LBB

Re: No meshkit-sense examples in master branch

Postby ESP_LBB » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:09 am

Hi ltbeck,

Thanks for the interesting in ESP-MESH !

First of all, sorry that we haven't finished the latest demo code for ESP32-MeshKit-Sense yet, as you know we recently upgraded the whole framework. We are working on it and try to make it done before 2019.

Secondly, if you want this demo urgently for your application, you can switch the branch to release/v0.5 and find: https://github.com/espressif/esp-mdf/tr ... 5/examples, there are some demos based on the early framework. This may not be totally adapted for the new framework, but I think it can give you a basic idea at least.

Also, you may find the source code here if you need other different sensors: https://github.com/espressif/esp-iot-so ... ces/sensor

Thanks.

ltbeck

Postby ltbeck » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:08 pm

Thanks for the update!

FrankMuenzner

Postby FrankMuenzner » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:12 pm

Hello,

At first I'm a ESP32 newbee.
i'm also interested in the Meshing functionality.

I'm a owner of a ESP32-Meshkit-Sense V1.1 - but i can only find documentation of v1.0 - so my question is, which difference exist to the older version.

My next question would be if its possible to use this code on a pico kit - how can i see which ressourches are used /necessary?

Yesterday i tested the Mesh-Light code with a devkitC and it seem to work - seem because i had no LEDs connected.

I also try the android app - the "light Node" can be found - but the next steps are in the app i could not undestand because of lack in chinese.
My next plan was to see how it's realised - but then i find out that the source for this apk is not available.

So my question - has the decision changed will this source or alternatively a example for a mesh - android app be available in next time?
I like you devices and the mesh functionality really much but without source it's not so easy to understand.

Best regards,
Frank

ESP_LBB

Postby ESP_LBB » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:07 am

Hi FrankMuenzner,

The updates from MeshKit-Sense V1.0 to V1.1 are mostly the changes of components, so for now you can refer the V1.0 for your application development, and we will update the doc ASAP.

Yes, the code can be applied on PICO-KIT or DevKitC. I'm not sure if I get this "how can i see which ressources are used /necessary?" correctly, but I think if you want to play the simplest examples with PICO or DevKitC, you can try the ones on MDF, like get-started and function_demo.https://github.com/espressif/esp-mdf/tr ... r/examples

For the App source code, we are planning to release it and will do it ASAP.

FrankMuenzner

Postby FrankMuenzner » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:47 am

Hello ESP_LBB,

I'm happy to hear that the source for the Android App will be open source.
As i bought the Mesh-Sense Kit - and i also would have bougth the MeshLigth kit if it would be available in europe.
I was convinced that the app as well as the code for the espressiv SOCs is open source.
Thank you for publishing the sources of the Android app.
So I'm really happy if it will be available, this information sounds like a "christmas gift" for me.

I wish you and the team of Espressiv a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Best regards,
Frank