ESP-MDF and Arduino

phando

ESP-MDF and Arduino

Postby phando » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:56 am

Is there a way to use the ESP-MDF features in the Arduino IDE? I have been mucking around and have not seen a compelling solution yet. The PainlessMesh has an error that keeps making the chip reboot. Any help would be great as the new library looks freaking awesome!

Thanks

ESP_yudong

Re: ESP-MDF and Arduino

Postby ESP_yudong » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:28 am

Hi phando,
Does this information help you?
"To develop applications using Arduino platform, refer to Arduino core for ESP32 WiFi chip."

phando

Postby phando » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:23 pm

Thanks for the response. The link doesn't have the information I need. I have been developing with the ESP32 in the Arduino IDE for some time. It seems that the MDF functionality has not been ported over for use in the Arduino IDE. My include statements always fail when trying to access the MDF libraries.

fasani

Postby fasani » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:37 pm

As a good reference point here, I've had success using ESP libraries in Arduino framework. Please check this post here:
https://fasani.de/2019/02/10/esp-idf-li ... framework/

I'm using Arduino framework there but Platform.io as a IDE. Check if the idea can be useful for you.
epdiy collaborator | http://fasani.de Fan of Espressif MCUs and electronic design

phando

Postby phando » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:02 am

The IDF is working great. What I am looking to take advantage of is the MDF. In the Arduino IDE I am unable to successfully call

#include "mdf_common.h"

Any help with the Arduino IDE or PlatformIO would be much appreciated.