Question for project setup

Gustavo

Question for project setup

Postby Gustavo » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:39 pm

Hello!

I want to realize a project - i just wonder how to start and what is needed for it (thecnologies, systems etc). I want to use the ESP32-CAM for an application, where I also have to implement image processing algorithm (in best case with Open CV).

In Detail: I want to monitor a text on an display that shows some counts of a daily action. That means there is a display displaying a number, and I want to read this number with image processing algorithm and ESP32 CAM. The Cam is placed over this display, I want to read out an image e.g. once an hour, process the image to get the number through image processing and want to store the number in a data base.

I am familiar with programming in C and C++, also Python, but I am not sure how to set this up / how to start. What I already did is the ESP32-CAM Webserver example, i.e. I configured the ESP32 CAM as a server and I get the live image over a browser (after IP from CAM was reported through serial window).

But how to go on? What do I need for this? Where to implement the image processing, do I need to implement this in another application? How to get images from this server to work on them maybe with usage of OPEN CV and Python? And how to store this values then in database?

Has anyone a useful hint, maybe in form of block diagram, which components I need and how to start?

Thanks!

Gustavo

Re: Question for project setup

Postby Gustavo » Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:40 pm

No Input from anyone?

The application is, that I want to count the turns of a motor that is used for a specific action. The count algorithm is already OK, and the counts are displayed on a mechanic wheel, like the milage on a car.

So i want to observe this count with a camera, convert it into digital text and stor it in database for further processing (also for some statistical views, etc).

I use ESP32 CAM and what I already have is the ESP32CAM Server, so I can already have a live view on the image oder IP adress.

But I am not sure about how to go on - how to get an image in another application to make image processing from that image?

Thanks!