internal functions source code

Michal1994

internal functions source code

Postby Michal1994 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:51 pm

Hello.

I'm looking for source code of functions from esp_wifi_internal.h header file. Is there any way to get source code of this functions?

Thanks,
Michał

ESP_Sprite

Re: internal functions source code

Postby ESP_Sprite » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:39 am

No, sorry. While we're actively working on opening code from our WiFi driver, the functions in this file aren't open at this moment. Can I ask what reason you have to need this source code?

Michal1994

Postby Michal1994 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:07 am

Thank you for reply. I want to know whole process of encryption and i also want to obtain aes key which is use for this encryption. Then i want to use this informations to generate and encrypt my own packets and send it using ieee80211_freedom_output() or esp_wifi_80211_tx() functions.

I found some functions for encryption and tried to find out which is called while UDP/TCP packet building process but without success. Can you tell me if encryption of this packets is also in internal function or in open source function is esp-idf. If it is open source, can you help me to find this function in esp-idf files?

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:00 pm

What do you mean? If you mean general TLS etc, that is open-source (see the mbedtls component). If you mean the AES encryption that's going on in WPA/WPA2/..., I think that's done in hardware. The setup for this is done in wpa_supplicant, however, and that should be open-source in the latest master.

Michal1994

Postby Michal1994 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:17 pm

Yes, i found this functions in wpa_supplicant. I put some printf() commands in this functions to find out which function is called while transmitting, but surprisingly anyone was called, so i think that encryption is done in esp_wifi_internal_tx(). I also found encryption funbctions is esp32/hwcrypto and try same tests with same results. I also need encryption key, which is establish while connecting to router. I don't know where esp32 save this key.

In conclusion I need to know whole process of encryption and frame building from esp_wifi_internal_tx() to do it on my own.