Need to select ESP32 IDF for WiFi and BT support into our product

Ritesh

Need to select ESP32 IDF for WiFi and BT support into our product

Postby Ritesh » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi,

We are working on ESP32 chips and modules since last one year and developed almost 3 to 4 different products so far.

Now, We have requirement to use WiFi, Ethernet and Bluetooth as per requirement and we are planning to develop our SDK based on that.

So, I have checked and found that BT Classic and BLE supports have been included into last couple of release but which are not stable release like ESP32 IDF 3.0. Does anyone has any idea like can we choose ESP-IDF Prerelease v3.1-beta1 for that purpose or still need to wait for stable ESP32 IDF Release? Also let me know if anyone has any idea like when ESP32 is planning to release Stable Release SDK like 3.1 or 3.2?

Hope this will clear requirement for ESP32 IDF and let me know if need any details regarding this from my side.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

chegewara

Re: Need to select ESP32 IDF for WiFi and BT support into our product

Postby chegewara » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:46 pm

To be honest, when i am looking at progress and how ble stack is changing, im not sure if ble will be stable before esp-idf 5 or 6.

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:16 am

chegewara wrote:To be honest, when i am looking at progress and how ble stack is changing, im not sure if ble will be stable before esp-idf 5 or 6.

As far as I know that BLE stack is more stable into 3.1 Beta and current 3.2 Dev master branch but still need to confirm before going for development stuffs.

Espressif Developer might give more clarification regarding this.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:19 am

Hi Espressif SDK Developer,

Could you please provide your suggestion and openion to select ESP32 IDF for WiFi and Bluetooth Development Purpose?

So that it will be beneficial for us to start development for one of our product in which both WiFi and Bluetooth will be used.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:05 am

Hi Kolban,

Your input will be appreciated regarding this if you have any idea for that as you might have started development over Bluetooth as well.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati